For second year Financial Accounting modules or modules on Financial Reporting on undergraduate and MBA courses. Available with MyLab Accounting
‘Well-structured, informative, and enriched with relevant examples. The coverage of established and contemporary issues within financial accounting and reporting is comprehensive.’
Dr Chloe Wu, Lecturer and Assistant Professor in Accounting and Finance, University of Leeds
Gain a comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and reporting, and learn to prepare and discuss financial statements
The 20th edition of Financial Accounting and Reporting by Jamie Elliott and Barry Elliott provides a comprehensive overview of financial accounting and reporting, equipping you with the knowledge to prepare and critically discuss IFRS compliant financial statements, and introducing you to the commercial issues surrounding these. Now with enhanced coverage of interpretation of financial statements, ethical issues and accountability, the authors provide essential knowledge for advancing your studies and career.
- Exercises of varying difficulty including questions from past exam papers of professional accounting bodies
- Illustrations taken from real-world international company reports and accounts, which have been updated for this edition and help to demonstrate the applications of key principles in the life of real companies
- Up-to-date content including new material on accountability, sustainability, ethical problems and the future of audit services
- Includes the latest accounting standards set out in the IFRS, IAS and the Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting, plus a discussion of the proposed IFRS on General Presentation and Disclosure
- Improved flow of topics and revised explanations makes the text even easier to follow and use
Instructors, pair this text with MyLab Accounting
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab™ personalises the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Accounting has been expanded for this edition to better align with feedback received from accounting course leaders and now includes over 1600 questions that can be assigned to students, including more exercises on accounts preparation for group accounts.