Do you love the convenience of QuickBooks Online but frustrated that it is too hard to learn? Could you use a hand setting up the files? As the treasurer or bookkeeper for a small nonprofit or church is the bookkeeping taking too much time? Let The Accountant Beside You help!
Lisa London is a CPA and top-selling author with decades of experience who has helped organizations reduce their accounting time dramatically. With step-by-step instructions and hundreds of illustrations, you will learn how to:
design a chart of accounts that gives you the reports you need,
import customers/donors and vendors,
track grants and programs,
receive donations, invoice donors, and send acknowledgments,
pay bills and handle payroll,
utilized bank and credit card feeds to save time,
design reports and set up budgets,
run month-end and year-end reports,
handle fundraisers, mortgages, reserve accounts,
and so much more.
The books are written for non-accountants to understand the basics of nonprofit accounting with step-by-step instructions, loads of illustrations, and no confusing jargon. This is not QuickBooks for Dummies; it is real detailed instructions written in nonprofit language.
QuickBooks Online for Nonprofits and Churches-A Step-By-Step Guide is the updated and expanded version of the top-selling Accountant Beside You book, Using QuickBooks Online for Small Nonprofits and Churches.
Join the tens of thousands of organizations who have saved time and money with The Accountant Beside You.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. QuickBooks Online & Nonprofits
2. Acquainting Yourself with QBO
3. Setting up Your Organization File
4. What is the Chart of Accounts?
5. How do I Track My Programs & Funds?
6. Donors, Vendors, and QuickBooks Projects
7. Products & Services--Tracking the Transactions
8. Money In--Recording Donations & Revenues
9. Money Out--How Do I Pay the Bills?
10. Payroll for Nonprofits and Churches
11. Bank Feeds & Reconciliations
12. Where Do We Stand? --Designing & Running Reports
13. Am I Meeting My Targets? Budgeting
14. It's Month End &/or Year End--What Now?
A. Month and Year-End Checklist
B. Reviewing Your Transactions
C. Allocate Fund Balances
D. Restricted versus Unrestricted Cash
E. Year-End Adjusting Entries
F. Board Reports
G. Year-End Closing
H. Year-End Donor Acknowledgments
I. Other Year-End Requirements
15. Special Topics
A. How Do I Account For ...???
2. Record the Sale of Merchandise
3. In-Kind Donations
4. Record a Mortgage
5. A Reserve Account on the Income Statement
B. How Do I???
1. Invite and Manage Multiple Users
2. Invite an Accountant
3. Send a Thank You from the Receipts Screen
4. Customize Forms
5. Give Feedback to QBO
C. What About ...???
1. Reports I Need for an Audit
2. Tax Stuff
16. QBO Mobile
A. QBO from your Mobile Device
B. 3rd Party Developer Apps