This book is an adaptation of the successful US text Cost Management by Hilton,Maher and Selto, written specifically for an international audience.
Major improvements include:
- Diverse and truly international examples of organizations - Examples used throughout the book are from all over the world and represent manufacturing, retail, not-for-profit, and service firms in many different countries.
- Completely restructured and rewritten text - The book has been rewritten, restructured and also shortened significantly to align content closer with international courses.
- Integral use of spreadsheets - Spreadsheet software is used for explaining techniques and making applications more realistic.
- In depth research - Summaries of international research studies that address important cost management issues have been updated and more references to recent research findings have been added.
- Intuitive explanation of accounting - The authors show directly how events impact the balance sheet and profit and loss account.