16th edition with almost 300 pages of up-to-date inheritance tax planning advice.
Proper inheritance tax planning could save your family hundreds of thousands of pounds. This comprehensive and completely up-to-date book tells you everything you need to know about inheritance tax.
It takes a detailed look at both simple and sophisticated tax planning strategies and will help you decide what action you and your family should take now.
The author, Carl Bayley, was chairman of the tax faculty at the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAEW) from 2015 to 2018 and is currently a member of the Institute's governing council.
Topics covered in the guide include:
- The very latest changes announced in recent Budgets.
- A plain-English guide to calculating inheritance tax and how the tax works.
- Tax planning timetable: Steps to take at key points in your life.
- More than a dozen tax planning techniques for protecting the family home.
- Absolutely everything you need to know about using trusts to save inheritance tax.
- How to use Business Property Relief to pass unlimited assets to your family.
- How to gift assets during your lifetime without causing financial hardship to you and your spouse.
- How to pass assets to your children and yet still do this tax free under the spouse exemption.
- A brand new chapter on the incredible tax-saving potential of family investment companies.
- A new chapter on possible future changes to inheritance tax.
- A new chapter on advanced inheritance tax planning techniques.
- Lots of information throughout for landlords and property investors.
- Plus lots more…
Dozens of clear real-life examples are used throughout to explain important points.