Get a 360-degree view of the Salesforce platform and learn how to use it for sales, service, marketing, and automating business processes.
- Understand how to use core Salesforce objects for maximum efficiency
- Build various dashboards and reports to analyze results and improve visibility in your business processes
- Learn the basics of Salesforce administration and mobile app set up
Salesforce is the world's leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, helping businesses connect with their constituents and partners. This book will give you a comprehensive introduction to managing sales, marketing, customer relationships, and overall administration for your organization. You'll learn how to configure and use Salesforce for maximum efficiency and return on investment.
You'll start by learning how to create activities, manage leads, and develop your prospects and sales pipeline using opportunities and accounts, and then understand how you can enhance marketing activities using campaigns. Packed with real-world business use cases, this Salesforce book will show you how to analyze your business information accurately to make productive decisions. As you advance, you'll get to grips with building various reports and dashboards in Salesforce to derive valuable business insights. Finally, you'll explore tools such as process builder, approval processes, and assignment rules to achieve business process automation and set out on the path to becoming a successful Salesforce Administrator.
By the end of the book, you'll have learned how to use Salesforce effectively to achieve your business goals.
What you will learn
- Understand the difference between Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Classic
- Create and manage leads in Salesforce
- Explore business development with accounts and contacts in Salesforce
- Find out how stages and sales processes help you manage your opportunity pipeline
- Achieve marketing goals using Salesforce campaigns
- Perform business analysis using reports and dashboards
- Gain a high-level overview of the items in the administration section
- Grasp the different aspects needed to build an effective and flexible Salesforce security model
Who this book is for
If you're new to Salesforce and want to learn it from scratch, this book is for you. No prior knowledge of Salesforce is required to get started with this book.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Salesforce and CRM
- Understanding Salesforce Activities
- Creating and Managing Leads
- Business Development with Accounts and Contacts
- Using Opportunities Effectively
- Achieving Business Goals Using Campaigns
- Enhancing Customer Service Using Cases
- Business Analysis using Reports and Dashboards
- Setup and Configuration
- An Overview of Sharing and Visibility
- Using Sandboxes and Change Sets
- Configuring Objects for Your business
- Third-Party Applications and Salesforce Mobile
- Understanding the Workflow Rules
- Implementing Process Builder
- Approval Processes
- Assignment Rules